One of the main things that I have been learning this semester is this:
When life gets crazy, when every day is unpredictable, when I don't know where I'm going or what I'm doing, when I feel confused, lost, or directionless...when my circumstances change and throw me for a loop... I must run all the harder to Jesus. He is the only constant. He never changes. By running to Him, I find comfort and direction. I can confidently rest in His promises-- even if I can't see what He is doing. Clinging to circumstantial things only leads to temporary security and false hope. Christ offers eternal security; assurance that we will be taken care of far after we leave this earth. If He's promised to take care of us after this life, won't He also take care of us tomorrow? If He has fulfilled His promises up until now, throughout the course of history, won't He continue to do so for us each day?
Let us run all the harder to Jesus; His promises are true.
Let's not get stuck on our circumstances. Let's get to know the character of our Creator.
No comments:
Post a Comment