Saturday, November 10, 2012

A Season of Thanks

I have had the flu for a week, and have had much to think about while trying to recover.  I know that in November, it's normal to give thanks for certain things in life.  But over this week, I've had a lot of time to think about the things that really make my life a blessed one.  I guess you could say, i'm getting a headstart on my "thanksgiving"...but shouldn't this be an everyday thing?

The biggest and most precious gift in my life is the love and sacrifice of Jesus Christ...taking the place of my sin, he pardoned me from the death that I deserve, and offered me a life of abundance and an inheritance of eternal life--completely free of charge, accepted by faith.  Day by day, I'm learning to live with Him as my guide, and am completely in awe of His unfailing love and care for me.  Knowing Him changes everything.  Apart from Christ, I can do nothing.

He has blessed me in so many ways.  Some of my favorites include:
1.  my loving family
2.  my amazing roommate
3.  the opportunity to attend a school that I love
4.  the opportunity to worship at a gospel teaching church
5.  being surrounded by fun, encouraging friends who love Jesus
6.  living in an area that has lots of life, energy, and opportunity
7.  the ability to run!
8.  the ability to see the beauty of life around me, and the capability to hear and have conversations with people of all walks of life
9.  sweet fellowship with my bible study girls and my dear dear girlfriends
10. rainy overcast weather, rocking chairs, journaling, coffee, and warm clothes...


"...Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." 
~Psalm 106:1

1 comment:

  1. I love this post. Thank you for being so transparent & keeping it real ;)

    ReplyDelete