Sunday, June 10, 2012

Picture perfect

I wish that a picture could capture everything...that it could convey all emotion, friendship, memory, and situation to its fullest, and that I could translate the conversations that took place along with each image.  Here are some snapshots of some my favorites from the past week and a half!


 Me and Anna in our hammocks under the Wharf (a pier with lots of shops and restaurants).  Surprisingly, people in California have never seen or heard about hammocks like these.  It was so funny to see people's reactions to us suspended there in our "cocoon-like" hammocks.  We had a lifeguard walk by us and say "I'm pretty sure that's not allowed, but I'm not going to say anything!"...and then about 30 minutes later, 2 policemen drove down the beach on 4-wheeler things (we were afraid at that point that they would surely stop and tell us to take them down) but they looked at us and said, "That is SO awesome!!" haha, I thought that I would be learning about new trends while in California, but it looks like we are setting them! ;)


 This was on my day off of work...beautiful


 Our Project director is friends with a couple who owns a winery, and they invited our group over for dinner last Friday night-- the night before we started our first day of work and met our co-workers.  We grilled out burgers, had veggies, watermelon, potato salad, chips, and baked beans.  We then finished the night with lots of prayer-- for our co-workers that we would soon be meeting, for our employers, for our interactions, and for the Lord to use us and grow us this summer.  We also praised God through worship, and saw the sun set over this amazing landscape.  This is a picture of our view that evening.


 My sweet friend, Carlee


Me and Rebecca


Another picture from the winery


These pictures do not even begin to accurately describe all that has happened in 2 weeks, and I hope to be posting more stories of interactions with people here and also many of the ways that I have seen the Lord work recently.  I could seriously write for hours.  We are insanely busy (in a good way!) so I will do my best to post as much as possible.  Love you all and so excited to share what is happening here with you.  Stay posted for more soon!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment