Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Blessings along the way

Over the past year, I have seen evidence of God's hand paving the way for Summer Project in so many ways.  It is amazing to see how sovereign the Lord is in providing for us, even in the most minute details. Through this experience, I have grown so much as I see the how He has taken care of me... I look through my journal and reflect over the tiny ways that He has confirmed everything leading up to Santa Cruz, and I just marvel at His timing, gifts, and blessings that all seem to just say "this is where you are supposed to be."  I think this experience that I'm about to tell you may be one of my favorites.

In the middle of March, I received a Facebook message from a girl named Carlee that I did not know.  She had seen my name on the "Santa Cruz Summer Project 2012" group page online and she messaged me, explaining that she had also been accepted to the Project, and said that she had noticed something on my profile and was wondering where I was from.  From her profile, I saw that she was a student at UNC-Charlotte, and we had no mutual friends in common.  She went on to explain that her family had just moved to NC from out of state, and based off of what she had seen on my profile, she thought that we now lived in the same county!  I replied, telling her about the area where I lived, and after a few messages, we realized that our houses were only 2 miles from each other!  What a God thing. Of all places, she moved here, and of all things to be doing this summer, she's going on Santa Cruz Summer Project! 

Her family's recent move to North Carolina brought them to our small town.  God has blessed us abundantly through His divine placement. And...to make things even more awesome, without even arranging it, our moms discovered each other through a mutual friend!  Needless to say, this has been the start of some beautiful friendships.  Over Easter, Carlee and I were able to meet up in person for the first time at Starbucks, and 2 hours later, we had a hard time leaving the conversation and the friendship that we had begun to build :)  Through this, the Lord has also provided my mom with a friend (Carlee's mom) to meet up with, relate to, and grow with over the summer while I am away.  Carlee and I were talking about it tonight, and she mentioned that the Lord had completely answered a prayer that she didn't even know she prayed.  Now that is the kind of God that we serve...amazing.  Tonight, the 4 of us met up for a "Pre-Santa Cruz" dinner, where our moms were officially able to meet, and we all chatted for just under 3 hours :)  So thankful for the blessing of new friendships, and for the God who knows our hearts.  Feeling so very blessed.



"Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name;
make known among the nations what he has done.
Sing to him, sing praise to him;
tell of all his wonderful acts.
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice.
Look to the Lord and his strength;
seek his face always."
~Psalm 105:1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment