Monday, May 23, 2011

Great is Your faithfulness...

"I may be weak, but your spirit's strong in me
  My flesh may fail, but my God, You never will"

It is amazing how God chooses to use us when we feel weak and unprepared! So often I think that I could prepare myself more by constantly memorizing scripture, or that I should be more prepared and have answers to all the tough questions that may come up in conversation. And those things are important.  Still, sometimes I don't feel like I am conveying things effectively, or my wording is choppy, or my thoughts aren't clearly translated in conversation.  I worry that I am not conveying Him as I could.  But then I remember the verse that is taped to the flip-down sun visor thing in my car... 
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." (2 Corinthians 12:9)

It is by His grace and the power of the Spirit that His love is translated to others.  While God calls us to be in His Word and to delight in Him and spend time with Him, it is so reassuring to know that He is still working through us even when we fail at fulfilling our witness, or when we waste time, focus on the wrong things, or make mistakes, ultimately not reflecting Him.  But the beautiful truth is that God is still God, and God is faithful, even while people are faithless!  He promises to provide for us and to equip us with what we need to serve Him... "...my power is made perfect in weakness."  Praise God!  

"...Whoever abides in me, and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing." (John 15:5)

Lately I have just been praising Him for answering prayers and for showing me how faithful He is to those who love Him.  Lately, He has really been revealing to me the power of prayer by showing me first-hand how He has taken care of those that I have been lifting up to Him.  Right when I feel like i am not hearing or seeing answers, God blows my mind by showing me that He is in control and that He has been attending to my prayers.  It is SO COOL to serve a God that is alive and active!!! 

At church the other day, one of the college pastors asked us to ponder upon something-- He asked us how our world would be different if all of our prayers within the last 30 days were answered...would we have just have been able to get through a test... or would there be peace within all families?  would there be zero unemployment?  would people be saved? would incurable sicknesses be cured?  would trials be overcome?  In other words, we should pray eagerly, earnestly, and expectantly, asking God to work in ways larger than that one exam we want to pass.  He challenged us to pray BIG-- to ask for BIG prayers from a BIG God!
"and the prayer of faith will save the one who is sick, and the Lord will raise him up." (James 5:15a)

How awesome is it that we each have a direct connection to the creator and savior of the universe.  

"Prayer is the most practical and powerful thing in the world, for it moves the Hand that moves the universe" ~ David Dickson 

No comments:

Post a Comment